Our tourism clients need to stand out in a saturated marketplace. Yes, we do the day-to-day things really well, but we also add value through securing outside broadcasts, setting up blogs with journalists, organising media familiarisations, and much more.
Our successes in the tourism sector include:
- Overseeing media relations for Bicycle Network's Great Vic Bike Ride for 25 years.
- Promoting Victoria’s rail trails as new bicycle destinations.
- Promoting Ballarat as an art and tourism destination through work with the Art Gallery of Ballarat.
The opening of The Australian Garden
The Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne contracted MediaWise to position the Australian Garden as a tourist destination of choice. The initial campaign centred on the opening of the Australian Garden. Its main aim was to attract strong crowds and encourage word of mouth visitation. Because the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne was already an established and polished product, our role was to generate column inches and awareness that the Gardens' latest star attraction and its team deserved. Our collaborative strategy included:
- ‘Hard hat’ familiarisations for government ministers, potential and current sponsors, community groups, national, local and international media
- Long, medium and short lead media stories and interviews
- A community-style launch to involve the Cranbourne and Mornington Peninsula communities
- Media plans for the official opening.
We gained widespread coverage in The Age, The Australian, Herald Sun, Gardening Australia, Home and Garden, television and radio exposure on news and current affairs programs, as well as lifestyle programs such as Gardening Australia and Vasili’s Garden. In all, over 200 pieces of coverage were generated with a total PR value of over $300,000.
The Great Vic Bike Ride
MediaWise has publicised Great Vic Bike Ride for 25 years. Each year takes a different route. Our strength in being able to tell a story well makes the media come again and again to cover this popular travel event. Our work includes developing a media plan each year identifying different stories with the participants and towns as the focus. MediaWise has been instrumental in setting up Outside Broadcasts with the ABC for many years.